Pages

Thursday, June 10, 2021

Maraia - Swimming Who, What, When, Where, Why

Swimming Who, What, When, Where, Why

During the last two weeks, St Pius X School’s classes took turns going to the YMCA Swim Magic Pools, to learn about water safety and how to swim.



At the start I felt cold and a bit disgusted because there was brown stuff on the ground and hair everywhere on the ground. The things I could already do in the water were Backstroke, float, freestyle/arm circles, streamline, dolphin kicks, breaststroke and enter safely. I hoped to get better at swimming



During our lessons we had to listen and keep our head above water when the instuctur was talking, we were learning how to be safe in water and in dangerous stiuations in water. The easy things were kicking and the hard things were breathing and staying underwater. The skills I enjoyed practicing were dolphin kicks and backstroke.


At the end I felt cold when we got out of the water because the water was nice and warm. My biggest challenge was doing backstroke. Compared to the start I am now confident in swimming. I will use these skills to stay safe in water. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment