Pages

Wednesday, May 19, 2021

Maraia - Our Sailing trip - Volvo Sailing Have A Go

 Our Sailing trip - Volvo Sailing Have A Go 

Last week on Thursday TWP 4 and Mr gaffneys Yr 5s went sailing. For sailing we had to come to school in mufti with our swimming clothes underneath. When we got there we had to sit by the boat on the chairs then after a few minutes we were aloud to play or eat I decided to go and play banana split.

After a little while the Yr 5s got into the boats the Yr 6s had to go second, so while we where waiting our Teacher Mrs Nees Kirua took us to the beach. It was a minute walk or less but while we were walking my friend Aston hit my head so I chased him and slapped his head and we kept on doing that to each other until we got to the beach. When we got closer to the beach I ran ahead and we for the water, but we couldn't go in because we were still in our clothes so I rolled my pants up  because our teacher said we can only go up to our knees.

After a little while we went back to the dock and played games. Then the Yr 5s came back to shore and got changed into their normal clothes.

Later we went to get into out life jackets and then we had to go into the water. After a little while we had a race but I didn't know what to do to control the sail. Then an hour later one of the instuctours came on a speed boat and threw out plastic play balls and we had to get as many as we could, whenever me and Melenaite (my partner) saw a ball we went to it and I leaned over the boat and got the ball. Later on there were no more balls so we counted our and we got 18 the after a few seconds someones boat fell over then if started to get cold so I jumped in to water so I could get warm and then I saw the balls that fell out of the boat that got tipped over and I swan towards it a got some so we then had 21 balls.

We then we back to shore but when we went back to shore the same boat tipped over so we left them and another instructor called Holly came and helped them.

Then we all got change and went back to school.

Photo Time.




No comments:

Post a Comment