Pages

Tuesday, June 16, 2020

Cochlear Implants / Science

                                                                                         Cochlear Implants / Science
                                                            Pros / Cons  
                    
Today I read a book about cochlear Implants cons and pros this book is like a tv show there is a presenter and 2 guests Jane and Joe. If you don't know what a cochlear Implant is it like a hearing but you put the cochlear implant in the deaf persons head to give them a sense of sound.

Pros
Jane  said "Before I had the Implant I couldn't hear anything  then after six months with the implant I had a sense of sound and I could hear half of what people were saying what you hear with a implant isn't a normal sound but i'm used to it and I am glad I can hear. I can follow up on what is going on better, Scientists are working on how to make the sounds improve."

Cons
Joe said" There are many downsides to cochlear Implants like the eary noises and the surgery which is a lot of money and some people can not afford this surgery. ( I don't remember anything else😑)
                                                             Cochlear Implants: Audiologic Management and Considerations for ...

No comments:

Post a Comment